Public outreach, accessibility, and transparency are central to EDGI’s vision of good environmental governance; we apply the same aspirations for our own work. Documents appearing here reflect that commitment, with a report that recounts our early accomplishments and plans below.
When Data Justice and Environmental Justice Meet: Formulating a Response to Extractive Logic Through Environmental Data Justice
Lourdes A. Vera, Dawn Walker, Michelle Murphy, Becky Mansfield, Ladan
Mohamed Siad, Jessica Ogden & EDGI. Information, Communication & Society, 2019, 22:7, 1012-1028.
Lindsey Dillon, Rebecca Lave, Becky Mansfield, Sara Wylie, Nicholas Shapiro, Anita Say Chan & Michelle Murphy. Annals of the American Association of Geographers, published online 22 January 2019.
Data Resistance: A Social Movement Organizational Autoethnography of the Environmental Data and Governance Initiative
Lourdes A. Vera, Lindsey Dillon, Sara Wylie, Jennifer Liss Ohayon, Aaron Lemelin, Phil Brown, Christopher Sellers, Dawn Walker, and the Environmental Data and Governance Initiative. Mobilization: An International Quarterly December 2018, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 511-529.
Dawn Walker, Eric Nost, Aaron Lemelin, Rebecca Lave, and Lindsey Dillon. Geo: Geography and Environment 5, no. 2 (2018): e00061. First published: 31 October 2018.
Environmental Data Justice and the Trump Administration: Reflections from the Environmental Data and Governance Initiative
Dillon Lindsey, Walker Dawn, Shapiro Nicholas, Underhill Vivian, Martenyi Megan, Wylie Sara, Lave Rebecca, Murphy Michelle, Brown Phil, and Environmental Data and Governance Initiative. Environmental Justice. December 2017, 10(6): 186-192.
Commentaries and Blog Posts
- Lindsey Dillon, Christopher Sellers and Environmental Data and Governance Initiative (2017, December 5) “Environmental Data and Governance in the Trump Era” SSRC “Just Environments” Series.
- Leif Fredrickson (2017, September 28) “The federal agency that few Americans have heard of and which we all need to know.” Washington Post.
- Britt Paris and Rebecca Lave (2017, July 20) “Environmental Injustice in the Early Days of the Trump Administration.” Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Leif Fredrickson (2017, July 14) “Scott Pruitt is wrong about the origins of the EPA.” Washington Post.
- Chris Sellers (2017, July 1) “Trump and Pruitt are the biggest threat to the EPA in its 47 years of existence.” Vox.
- Chris Sellers (2017, April 22) “How Republicans came to embrace anti-environmentalism.” Vox.
- Rebecca Lave (2017, February 16) “It’s vital for science that we cache US federal agency facts.” Higher Education.
- Phil Brown, Gretchen Gehrke, Michelle Murphy, Chris Sellers, and Sara Wylie (2017, February 23) “Scott Pruitt’s First Address to the EPA: As Annotated by EDGI”
- Jerome Whitington (2017, January 17) “Environmental Data, Guerrilla Archiving, and the Trump Transition.” Cultural Anthropology.
EDGI’s Public Comments
Revised Definition of “Waters of the United States” (April 15, 2019)
Strengthening Transparency in Regulatory Science (August 16, 2018)
Clean Power Plan Proposed Repeal (April 26, 2018)
Risk Management Program Amendment Delays (May 19, 2017)