EDGI organizes its work under five major working groups. Learn about each in the dropdown menu of this “Our Work” tab. Briefly, EDGI’s five working groups currently are:
1) Policy Monitoring and Interviewing, which investigates and analyzes the inner workings of federal environmental policy through interviewing of agency staff as well as data and documentary collection and analysis;
2) Website Monitoring, which monitors changes to, and explores standards for, web-based information about the environment, energy, and climate provided by the federal government;
3) Environmental Data Justice, which imagines, conceptualizes, and works toward Environmental Data Justice;
4) Data (formally Data Archiving), which develops new ways of making federal environmental data more accessible to the public; and
5) Radical Organization, which prototypes new organizational structures and practices for distributed, collective, effective work rooted in justice.