EDGI organizes its work under five major working groups. Learn about each in the dropdown menu of the “Working Groups” tab. Briefly, EDGI’s currently active working groups are:
- Policy Monitoring and Interviewing, which investigates and analyzes the inner workings of federal environmental policy through interviewing of agency staff as well as data and documentary collection and analysis;
- Environmental Historians Action Collaborative, which promotes conversations among historians and history educators about environmental crises and amplifies existing research and pedagogy for a wider audience;
- Website Monitoring, which monitors changes to, and explores standards for, web-based information about the environment, energy, and climate provided by the federal government;
- Environmental Data Justice, which imagines, conceptualizes, and works toward Environmental Data Justice;
- Alternative Organization, which prototypes new organizational structures and practices for distributed, collective, effective work rooted in justice.